This plan has been conceived to keep our students and our instructors safe, and also to keep grandparents and parents of our instructors and our students safe. Our protocols below are likely to be modified as we work our way through the summer.
We have made substantial changes or our normal operations, excluding all indoor classroom time and shuttle rides across the creek, and large lunchtime gatherings.
We will meet directly at the beach at the Tides Inn each morning, and spend minimal time on the beach before launching. Specific start and finish times will be emailed to you a few days before your course starts.
1. Students and instructors will have their temperatures taken on arrival each day.
2. All instructors and all students will wear masks while on shore. Also parents and anyone with them should wear masks while picking up and dropping off. Please ensure that masks are a good fit.
3. Students will be placed in small groups of 5 or 6 and remain in those groups with same instructor for the duration of their course.
4. Students will sail single handed except for family members or friends groups who are living together for the week.
5. We will have staggered start times, stagered lunch times, and staggered finish times.
6. Students will be asked to wash their hands immediately on arrival and many times during the day.
7. Students will sail the same boat with the same equipment each day.
8. Common spaces, like picnic tables, will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
9. Boats and equipment will be deep cleaned at the end of each course (i.e. before change of user)
10. Students will be asked to stay at home on heavy rain days since we cannot have indoor classrooms. Every efford wil be made to offer make up days.
11. We expect students who are sick to stay at home.
12. We expect students who have family members who have been sick within 14 days of start date to remain at home.
13. We expect students who have travelled from overseas or by air within the US to wait 14 days quarantime before coming to sailing school.
14. We expect students to wear appropriate clothes to protect them from the sun or from light rain because we will be on the water for longer than usual, and to bring a full change of clothes especially on rain days. Students should bring their own sunblock, water bottle and lifejacket to avoid sharing.